Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market: Introduction
- Spinal bulbar muscular atrophy is a disorder of specialized nerve cells that control muscle movement. These nerve cells originate in the spinal cord and the part of the brain that is connected to the spinal cord. It is also known as Kennedy disease. Spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy is characterized by muscle weakness, and it primarily affects males. Progressive issues with swallowing and speech occur when certain muscles in the face and throat are also affected. Furthermore, some males with the disorder experience unusual breast development (gynecomastia). Muscle twitches (fasciculations) are also common. Female carriers of the flawed gene that causes spinal bulbar muscular atrophy can develop muscle cramps and twitches, particularly in older age.
Key Drivers, Restrains and Opportunities of Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
- Increase in incidence of spinal bulbar muscular atrophy is likely augment the market. For instance, according to Orphanet version, the incidence of spinal bulbar muscular atrophy is 1 per 526,315 males per year, and the prevalence is 1 per 30,000 male births. It is rare in females.
- Government and non-government organization initiatives to increase awareness about spinal bulbar muscular atrophy is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, Catalyst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced its support for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Awareness Month to increase awareness and recognize the importance of developing new evidence-based medicines required to improve the lives of patients, families, and caregivers afflicted with spinal muscular atrophy.
- Focus on research & development in order to develop new products is likely further augment the market. For instance, Novartis AG completed the phase II clinical trial of BVS857 in patients with spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy. However, a lack of product availability is likely restrain the spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market.
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of healthcare infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to healthcare. This is expected to increase the demand for products and subsequently, offer lucrative opportunity in the market.
Request For Sample @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=79190
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market, as the region is a hub for key players, it possesses well-established healthcare infrastructure and early adoption of new products is witnessed in the region
- The spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to expansion of healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market
The global spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market.
Major players operating in the global spinal bulbar muscular atrophy treatment market are:
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Natera, Inc
Request For Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=79190
Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market, by Product
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors (5-ARIs)
- Gonadotropin-releasing Hormone (GnRH) Agonists
Global Spinal Bulbar Muscular Atrophy Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Related Reports Press-Release
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453Email: