Sodium Benzoate is a common food preservative and a mold inhibitor. It is most effective in low acid foods and beverages and baked products such as breads, cakes, pies, and tortillas. It is also used as a preservative in the personal care and cosmetic products such as baby products, bath products, soaps and detergents, eye makeup, blushers, cleansing products, make up products, as well as hair, nail and skin care products.
The global sodium benzoate market size in 2021 was valued at USD 186.3 million and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of +4% from 2021 to 2027.
Demand for sodium benzoate is increasing steadily across numerous industries. In the food industry, its demand is soaring owing to the rising demand for convenience food and food products that require longer shelf life. The rising demand for various frozen food is augmenting its demand since last couple of years. In the personal care industry, sodium benzoate has numerous applications as it acts as a corrosion inhibitor while packaging of cosmetic and personal care products. In the pharmaceutical industry, sodium benzoate is used in most of the over-the-counterdrugs, especially in the liquid syrups. Hence, growth of these industries is certainly anticipated to propel the market growth in coming years. However, increasing awareness regarding the harmful impacts of synthetic preservatives, especially in the North American and European region is anticipated to create a restraining factor for its market growth in coming years.
Global Sodium Benzoate Market Key Players
Food chem International Corporation, A.M. Food Chemical Co. Limited, Wuhan Youji Industries Co., Ltd. DuPont de Nemours Company, Eastman Chemical Company, E.I. are some of the major companies which are operating in this market.
Request a sample copy of this report @ Click here: –
Sodium Benzoate Market Growth drivers:
An important growth driver for the Sodium Benzoate market is its use in the food industry as a synthetic preservative. It’s primarily used in products in the lower pH range as anti-microbial in carbonated drinks, jams, pickles, salad dressings and many more. Due to its low cost, ease of processing and colorlessness it is a popular preservative in the food industry. It is also used in the pharmaceutical industry as a preservative in the in liquid pharmaceutical preparations. Both Pharmaceuticals and the Food Industry are growing sectors due to increasing global population and are major growth drivers for the Sodium Benzoate Market.
Global Sodium Benzoate Market Restraints
Sodium benzoate is tagged as a harmful preservative and its use is limited in some industries. It is easily soluble and affordable which widens its usage, but research revealed that the overuse of this chemical solvent can cause cancer by affecting the oxygen cells present in the body. Though this chemical is present in some fruits, but the addition of the synthetic form of sodium benzoate is extremely lethal for the body.
Sodium benzoate is found in vinegar, soda, fruit juices and jams which are present in the daily diet of every citizen in the world. The expanding world of consumerism is in dire need of foods which can be packed and stored for days and the fast lifestyle of the people are promoting the expansion of a food and cosmetics industry which is completely backed by harmful chemical preservatives.
Sodium Benzoate Market Challenges:
Sodium benzoate though a popular additive within the industries, has many substitutes available for both food and pharmaceuticals in the market due to which there is a constraint on the market share of Sodium Benzoate.
Increasing awareness regarding the usage of synthetic food additives and its side effects among the general populace is posing as a critical challenge for the Sodium Benzoate market. The demand for natural additives in food items is pushing the growth of Natural food additives market which can disrupt the Sodium Benzoate Market in the food industry.
Food & Beverages Application Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, the food & beverages application segment is projected to grow rapidly during the forecast period
- In the food & beverages industry, sodium benzoate is widely used to improve taste as a pH control agent and as a chelating agent, and to prevent decomposition of food
- Sodium benzoate is also used as a preservative in cosmetics and medicines. It has application in fireworks as fuel, which is in powdered form that gives out a whistling sound.
Sodium Benzoate Market Segmentation
- By Form: Powder, Granules, Flakes, Noodles, Nano powders and others.
- By Grades and Standards: Grade: Food Grade, Laboratory Grade, Analytical Grade and others; Standards: US Pharmacopeia (USP) and National Formulatory (NF), European Pharmacopeia (EP/Ph Eur), British Pharmacopeia (BP), Japanese Pharmacopeia (JP), Food Chemical Codex (FCC), Halal, Kosher and others.
- By Application: Antifungal Agent, Antimicrobial Agent, Flavoring agent, Rust and corrosion Inhibitor, Mosquito Repellant, Adjuvant, Mildew Inhibitor, Preservative, Fragrant, Chemical intermediate and others.
- By End User Industry: Pharmaceutical Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Food and beverages Industry, Packaging Industry, Personal Care and Hygiene Industry, Cosmetic Industry and others.
Get Slay May Offers upto 40% Discount available on this Report @
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Detailed TOC of Global Sodium Benzoate Market Research Report-
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
Report Consultant is a prime destination for your business aptitude and analytical solutions because we provide qualitative and quantitative sources of information that are proficient to give one-stop solutions. We skillfully syndicate qualitative and quantitative research in exact proportions to have the best report, which not only gives the most recent insights but also assists you to grow.
Contact No: +81-368444299