Automotive Integrated Cluster Market: Introduction
- Instrument cluster is the primary data source for the driver, which delivers information about various operational parameters of the vehicle. Traditional automotive clusters are designed to provide limited vehicle information, such as vehicle speed, RPM, fuel level, and engine temperature to the driver, with minimal interaction. Increasing complexity of vehicles has led to the emergence of integrated clusters.
- Integrated clusters combine different functionalities in a single unit to provide more convenience to the driver. They possess the capabilities of real-time operating system, entertainment, cluster information, and other display elements.
Key Drivers of Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- Increase in demand for connected, autonomous, and electric vehicles is fueling the demand for smart instrument clusters. These vehicles have a complex network of sensors and processors that generate a considerable amount of data. It is important to provide user-friendly, lucrative, and cost-effective solutions that support a wide range of automotive cluster applications. Integrated cluster is vital in autonomous driving and ADAS. Integrated clusters from Continental AG, Renesas Electronics Corporation, and others integrate ADAS features in instrument clusters of vehicles. The instrument cluster of Kia XCeed has been incorporated with ADAS features. Thus, a rise in the adoption of next-generation vehicles has boosted the automotive integrated cluster market across the globe.
- The number of road traffic accidents has been increasing for the last few years causing huge loss of life and money. Driver distraction is a major factor contributing toward this growing number of accidents. According to the data of U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, distracted driving took 2,841 lives in 2018 across the country. Sending a text message, talking on a cell phone, using a navigation system, and other such tasks cause distraction to the driver.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, Request for a Sample
Restrains in Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- Integrated clusters are powered by various connectivity technologies that make them highly vulnerable to cyber threats. This risk of cyber-attacks hampers the global automotive integrated cluster market.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 affected supply chains of integrated cluster manufacturers, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for integrated cluster is expected to increase, as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
Opportunities in Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- On-going developments in semiconductor technologies are boosting advancements in conventional integrated clusters with enhanced human-machine interface and 3D graphics display. For instance, in 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated launched TMS470 microcontroller units (MCUs) for integrated cluster applications, which can drive displays, stepper motors, and other peripherals, thus improving space and cost-efficiency. These ongoing developments in semiconductor technologies to provide better performance and driver experience are expected to propel the global automotive integrated cluster market in the next few years.