Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market: Introduction
- Integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles act as an auxiliary power source to power on and off vehicle electronics. They assist in providing extra drive force to the powertrain of off-road vehicles and also operate other hydraulic or pneumatic systems.
- Integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles are utilized to reduce fuel consumption and control the emission of major harmful compounds such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and hydrocarbons from the exhaust systems of vehicles
Key Drivers of Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Off-road vehicles consume considerable fuel while running on roads or operating in fields. Fuel prices are rising consistently worldwide. According to data of U.S. Energy Information Administration, Brent crude oil spot prices averaged US$ 43 per barrel in November 2020, up from US$ 3 per barrel from the average in October. Rise in fuel prices across the globe has prompted off-road OEMs to incorporate fuel-efficient technologies in their vehicles to provide cost benefits to consumers. KYMCO launched new off-road vehicle models including UXV 450i side-by-side vehicle and a UXV 500i that are fitted with a 5kW integrated generator system to help operators with various utility applications and chores. Likewise, the integrated generator system of Parker Hannifin coupled with the hydraulic pumps of Terzo Power Systems powers hydraulics of the off-road vehicles, such as back-hoe loaders, and cranes, reduce fuel consumption. These benefits in fuel savings are driving the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market across the globe.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=80550
- Off-road vehicles powered by I.C. engines consume high fuel and generate high amount of emissions. Government agencies have enacted stringent regulations on emissions from off-road vehicles. For instance, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emission mandates reducing diesel engine emissions. Tier 4 standards substantially reduce the permissible level of nitrogen oxide emissions for engines above 75 hp (56 kW), further limit particulate emissions on diesel engines with more than 25 hp (19 kW), and enacted more stringent limits on hydrocarbons. Designing and manufacturing of these engines for off-road vehicles that comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency rules increases the size of engines making them heavier and more expensive. Thus, stringent regulations are boosting the adoption of hybrid off-road vehicles which are integrated with electric generator systems to assist in propulsion or drive other mechanisms.
Challenges in Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Integrated generator systems increase the complexity of drivetrains in off-road vehicles, thus making them difficult and expensive for maintenance and repair operations. This, in turn, is hampering the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market across the globe.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 has disrupted automotive supply chains, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles across the globe is anticipated to increase as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
North America to hold significant share of global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Rise in sale of off-road vehicles in North America fueling the demand for integrated generator systems. Countries in the region are extending application of integrated generator systems in military vehicles. These systems enable military personnel to power on and off vehicle equipment, thus eliminating the need to carry external generators. For instance, the TITAN On Board Vehicle Power (OBVP) integrated generator system was developed by Leonardo DRS in partnership with Allison Transmission Inc., for mounting in the driveline of military vehicles. It generates 120 kW power when stationary and 55 kW power when moving to assist in driving. This enables the military personnel to power their electric equipment. In June 2019, the U.S. Army partnered with Leonardo DRS to equip integrated generators in off-road military vehicles of THAAD. These growing applications are propelling the share held by North America in the global integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
The global integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market are:
- Heinzmann GmbH & Co. KG
- Iskra Avtoelektrika d.d.
- Leonardo DRS
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- US Hybrid
You May Also Like PRNewswire on Sustainable Packaging Market