The report “Global Gastric Cancer Treatment Market, By Treatment (Surgery, Chemo Therapy, Adjuvant Chemotherapy, Targeted Drugs Therapy (Sunitinib (Sutent), Trastuzumab (Herceptin), and Imatinib (Gleevec)), and Radiation Therapy), By End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Specialized Cancer Treatment Centers, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers), and Region – Global Forecast to 2029″ Global gastric cancer treatment market is projected to grow from US$ XX billion in 2019 to US$ XX billion by 2029. Global gastric cancer treatment market is driven by increasing incidence of lymphoma, adenocarcinoma, and gastrointestinal stromal tumors across the globe. In addition, higher use of combination therapies is one of the major factors driving growth of the global gastric cancer treatment market. Furthermore, regulatory approvals for metastatic gastric cancer are in large number which is expected to support growth of the global market over the forecast period. Moreover, use of low dose radiation technology-based devices world-wide is fueling growth of the global market across the globe. Nevertheless, the launch of premium-priced treatment for the advanced or metastatic disease, such as anti-angiogenesis and HER2-targeted therapies, are expected to create opportunities for growth of the global market over the forecast period.
- On June 2019, Biogen has announced that it has completed its acquisition with Nightstar Therapeutics a clinical-stage gene therapy company. The acquisition focuses on adeno-associated virus (AAV) treatments for inherited retinal disorders. As a result of the acquisition, Biogen now has added preclinical programs in ophthalmology and two mid- to late-stage clinical assets.
- On May 2019, Eli Lilly and Company has announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have approved CYRAMZA® as a single agent. The drug is approved for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- On July 2019, Roche has announced that it has put fourth its positive opinion for Tecentriq® in combination with chemotherapy (carboplatin and etoposide)in accordance with European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP). It is the first-line treatment with extensive-stage small cell lung cancer (ES-SCLC) for adults.
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global gastric cancer treatment market accounted for US$ XX billion in 2019 and is projected to register a moderate CAGR of XX% over the forecast period. The market report has been segmented on the basis of treatment, end-user, and region.
- By treatment, the global gastric cancer treatment market is segmented into surgery, chemo therapy, adjuvant chemotherapy, targeted drugs therapy, and radiation therapy. Targeted drugs therapy treatment segment is further bifurcated into sunitinib (sutent), trastuzumab (herceptin), and imatinib (gleevec). Targeted therapy segment is accounted to hold largest share in the global market over the forecast period. This is attributed due to delivery of advanced techniques such as immunotherapy or enzyme therapy and stem cell therapy.
- By end-user, the global gastric cancer treatment market is classified into hospitals, clinics, specialized cancer treatment centers, and ambulatory surgical centers. Hospitals and specialized cancer treatment centers end-user segments together holds significant share of the global market.
- By region, North America is expected to dominate the overall global market over the forecast period. In the North American region, the U.S. holds the largest market share. This is attributed to the rising availability of advanced technology in cancer research and treatment centers along with rising prevalence of stomach cancer. In this region medical device companies are pushing themselves to compete with the established players across the U.S. and Canada as well as are well-developed, in terms of advanced technologies to treat the cancers. Such factors boost the growth of the global market in North America.
Browse 60 market data tables* and 35 figures* through 140 slides and in-depth TOC on “ Global Gastric Cancer Treatment Market”, By Treatment (Surgery, Chemo Therapy, Adjuvant Chemotherapy, Targeted Drugs Therapy (Sunitinib (Sutent), Trastuzumab (Herceptin), and Imatinib (Gleevec)), and Radiation Therapy), By End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Specialized Cancer Treatment Centers, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) – forecast till 2029
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
The prominent player operating in the global gastric cancer treatment market includes Biogen, Inc., Eli Lilly and company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck KGaA, Novartis International AG, Otsuka Holdings Co. Ltd., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Pfizer, Inc., and Celltrion, Inc.