With a state as large as Florida, there are clearly areas of the state more expensive than others. A new survey conducted by SmartAsset, an online financial technology company, is out with a list of the ten most affordable cities in Florida.
First thing you’ll notice, all of the rural parts of Florida have been excluded. The criteria for the rankings requires the city to have a population of at least 5,000. They also looked at average costs over the past five years in four areas: housing closing costs, taxes, insurance and mortgage payments.
So here are the top ten in ascending order:
10. North Fort Myers (Lee County)
9. Crystal Lake (Polk County)
8. West Pensacola (Escambia County)
7. Combee Settlement (Polk County)
6. Bayshore Gardens (Manatee County)
5. Beacon Square (Pasco County)
4. Lakewood Park (St. Lucie County)
3. Brooksville (Hernando County)
2. West Vero Corridor (Indian River County)
- Fort Meade (Polk County)
So there you have it, the top 10 most affordable cities in Florida. Polk County has a new marketing claim, placing 3 cities in the top ten.
You can read the entire report conducted by SmartAsset here.